Monday, February 05, 2007

Why we came home

When we decided to come home early, it was because my dad's health had declined so quickly and we felt the need to be here for awhile to be with mom, help her as we can, and spend quality time with Dad.

Last night we went to see Dad in his new home, Marantha Village. I had prayed much about this visit before we went and Mom did her best to prepare us for how we would find dad now. I just don't think anything can prepare a child for seeing their parent like that. I struggle to put words to how I feel right now. It was a very emotional time for me and I'm still not sure how to handle my feelings other than to just rest in knowing God will give me the grace to handle each moment.

I know this is also hard for Joel as he has been with our family now since almost the beginning of when we noticed Dad changing. He didn't "sign up" for this but has loved my Dad like a son, no matter what state Dad is in. He is feeling this pain as we all are. I couldn't ask for a better husband.

Many of you here in Springfield have reached out to my Mom in the last months and have loved her through this. I thank each one of you! There are also many around the world have prayed for us all too, having never met my family. Again, thank you! We will continue to need your prayers in these next months. I have no idea what to expect from this time but I know that our desire is to bring glory to our God in all we do. How that will look, I don't know. Please pray for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers your way as always. Sorry I don't comment. I am a lurker of sorts.

Jack was great on Sunday. He wanted DJ, my fiance, to hold him until about 30min. before church got out and then he was down and playing. I know you were worried about how he would do but he did great! Have a wonderful week and may God send you an extra measure of peace.
Sarah Thompson

Joe and Terri said...

Praying for all of you. It is great that you can be there to support your mom at this time.
Much love and prayer,
Mom P.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that you guys got home okay. It breaks my heart that you are starting to have to go through what we have been going through up here in Minnesota with my dad. I wish I could offer some type of advice that suddenly makes it easier or can solve things, but there isn't. Just stay strong, rely on your family and friends, and if you need anything, we are just a phone call away.