Saturday, April 05, 2008

April update

Joel left this morning for Indonesia. He will arrive there sometime in the middle of the night tomorrow night but since he's flying alone this time, hopefully he won't be too worn out when he arrives. He'll be on a different island than we lived on for a few days taking care of some paperwork so he can leave the country again without having problems if we should ever want to return again. Then he'll fly to java where our stuff will be waiting for him. A good friend in Papua shipped what we had left there to Java. Joel will sort through some of it, sell what we can't bring back and then ship home what we would like to have with us here again.

This will be a bitter sweet trip for all of us. We didn't see this coming, but I suppose that is true of all of our lives. We can't see around the next corner but we as believers have HOPE because we know the One who created us and we know for SURE that He knows what awaits us. We still don't completely understand all that happened to bring us to this point in our lives but we trust that God will never leave us or forsake us and we are holding tight to His promises to provide for our every need.

The boys and I and my Mom will hold down the fort for the 10 days Joel will be gone. We told Jack this morning that he is now the man of the house while Daddy is gone. His response was, "I'm a man!"

If you feel led to pray for us in the next week or so, we'd love that. Joel will be traveling a lot in a short amount of time and then still has to choose a shipping company, have a "yard sale", sort, pack and head home again. Here at home, I have 2 little ones that will need a bit of extra love and attention while Daddy is gone and I'll need extra doses of God's grace to handle being a single parent for a while. Please also pray for me as I strive to live according to what is true and not what my mind sometimes wanders toward; feelings of guilt or insufficiency are always lurking around trying to discourage me.

Things are continuing to move forward for our future ministry. We have met with some folks from one of our training centers here in the states and hopefully will get some word on whether or not that will work out some time this week. Please be praying for that too!

We are blessed beyond measure by God's love for us and your love for us. Thanks for all the encouragement and love!

Bethany for us all

4 comments:

Snwwhite said...

praying for you - I'm sure Jack will enjoy being the "man" of the house" :) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as always. Praying for Joel as he makes big decisions. Try to enjoy the beautiful spring flowers and listen to the birds singing. That always cheers me as I thank the Lord for eyes to see and ears to hear.
Love,
Hillengrandma

Jodi said...

Lifting you up to our Father. I think of you all often and pray for you. My sis will be in Singapore next Sunday. Will think of Joel and pray for him also.
Love you.

Bek. said...

So glad Joel got there safely and I hope his time in Indo is more refreshing than he even expects. I know B that you are a terrific mom and wife and I know that God will keep giving you all that you need to parent the boys well while Joel is away.
Thinking of you today with love!
Bek.