Monday, November 09, 2009

Another Prayer Request from Potters

I know you all have many of your own situations that you are praying about and that you have been praying for me and my family but I would like to ask once again that you pray for us. 

 

Last night my dad was admitted to the hospital again (a different hospital this time). He had a fall yesterday at his regular care facility and they took him to the ER to check him out from that and in the process, discovered he has pneumonia, so they admitted him.  The last hospital he was at (right before my trip home) didn’t bother to check with his PCP to find out his story and just looked at his age (65) and his med list and decided he was overmedicated. They proceeded to take him off his major medications without consulting us or anyone. 

 

My heart is very heavy this morning as I am concerned that this hospital may do the same thing.  My mom flew to California a few days ago for a previously scheduled trip so she is not there to communicate with the hospital in person. My brother is there and has done what he can and I am trying to communicate with the social worker at the hospital from here in Michigan, hoping she can relate the needed information to the doctor treating Dad. 

 

Please pray:

o   That the doctor there will be wise and sensitive to Dad’s various needs

o   For my brother as this is hard for him too

o   That Mom won’t worry but will enjoy her visit in California

o   That I will completely trust our Big God and not fret that I’m not there to help control the situation

o   For peace for my Dad. He is a believer and we are resting in the truth that the Holy Spirit still indwells him and can work a miracle in his mind and heart to bring him peace through all this.

 

Thank you for your constant encouragement and prayers through all of this.  It is so encouraging to know there are so many people praying for all of us right now.

 

Bethany for the Strouds and Potters

 

2 comments:

Cindy Lyons said...

Dear Bethany and Joel,

I am so sorry for what you all are going through.
We will be praying for you all as you deal with it
from afar. We will pray that your Mom will
have peace and be able to have a good trip. We will
also pray for your Dad your brother and for the doctors that they will do the best thing for him. I believe that God will continue to reveal Himself to your Dad. He loves him very much. We love you all and your family.
Cindy Lyons

C Kane; M Kane said...

Praying for you and your family.