Thursday, December 10, 2009

NTBI Staff Christmas Party

 

I, Bethany, had the pleasure of co-planning this years Staff Christmas Party. We had a beautiful venue, yummy desserts and a great time just hanging out together for the evening. It was also the last hoorah for two staff families.

JP and Sue Marr are transitioning into fulltime ministry at their local church here in Jackson. I have known them since I arrived here at NTBI in 1995. We went through bootcamp together, and I must admit, they saved my life there! We ended up back here at NTBI, ministering together for 5 years and now have met up once again here in Jackson for the past year and a half. I will miss seeing them here but I am thankful they will be nearby. Thanks guys for your faithful service for so many years.

The other couple moving on to other ministries is Mike and Jenny Sullivan. The Sullivans have been here at NTBI for 27 years. Mike has been teaching all that time and is a student favorite! Jenny has done many ministries and they will sorely be missed. Mike has the amazing opportunity to serve on the US Executive Board at our NTM Headquarters in Florida. I know they will be a blessing there and to all the US missionaries serving with NTM. On a personal note, Mike gave me the kick in the pants I needed to make the tough decision to leave college and pursue my training with NTM back in 1995. I am so thankful he stepped out of his comfort zone and followed God's leading when he told me to stop putting it off with excuses and just take the jump. He has also been my boss for 5 1/2 of the 6 1/2 years I have served here at NTBI. I am honored to have ministered along side him and will miss them!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: