Thursday, January 21, 2010

Update or 'Katedate' #1

Bethany and her best friend, Jolene (who safely arrived from Springfield MO yesterday), just left the house (6:40 am) for the hospital for Bethany's scheduled induction. They'll get her checked in and then likely into a labor and delivery room, all conveniently located literally next door, 100 yards away at Allegience Hospital.

Bethany is happy that the day has come and we had some time to pray together last night. It's such a surreal thought that today, we'll hopefully, become a family of 5. From a kids perspective, we're 3 boys and 2 girls...

Would you be praying during these next hours? Bethany didn't sleep well; between Jack's coughing (be praying as he's got a mild cold made worse by his seasonal asthma) and Kate's kicking. I think the biggest thing on her mind, is her decision to try and avoid an epidural anesthesia and she's wondering how her body will handle it. Be praying for real and felt peace.

After getting the boys checked into child care at NTBI and picking up Jack's asthma meds, I'll head over the hospital myself and occupy the waiting room for the next few hours. Be praying for me, I'm wondering who the Lord might bring in my path while I wait.

I may update facebook a bit more than this blog, so if you're looking for more up to date 'Katedates', check that.

What a word, what a life, I'm in love...(with one, and hopefully two girls by days end!)

1 comment:

Cindy Lyons said...

We will be praying for you. This is a big day for all of you! We love you all and pray that God will completely cover you all with His protection and presence. We are looking forward to Baby Kate's arrival! Please tell Bethany that I love her and will keep her and all of you in my prayers all day! Cindy