Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Middle of the night prayer!

I am in tears as I write this. I am so touched by an email a friend wrote today.  She and her husband are also enroute to Indonesia and should arrive in June. She wrote in her email “I woke up several times last night and I kept praying for you until I'd fall back asleep.”   I am sure it wasn't her choice to awaken but that she would pray for ME is so humbling.  I guess the time that that was happening was about the time I was really feeling stupid as far as language goes.  I had been trying to tell one of our Pembantu’s (house helpers), Ibu Nur, something in Indonesian using the very little I know and a dictionary and it just wasn’t working.  She is very patient with me and tries to understand but it's really hard with not much vocabulary.  Thankfully I wasn't in tears but was laughing at myself and how silly I must sound and look with my homemade sign language.  I ended up just stopping what I as trying to say and giving up all together.  I called my best friend back home just to laugh with someone instead of cry.  Perhaps it was her prayers that kept the tears at bay!  It is times like this that we really feel the power of prayer at work in our lives.  If you doubt it’s effects, please be encouraged that God is using them to strengthen us!  Thank you!

 

We are feeling more settled everyday now.  Today we went to the Market with another missionary here and she let us just look around and see everything.  We bought a few snacky type items there to try and see if we’d like them and will do that for dessert tonight. 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B, you would do your Papa Meskimen proud. That's just the way he shopped for every car and many other things. He's chuckling in heaven right now. Send pics and of Jack and his room too. Mom in MO