Monday, July 17, 2006

Wheels

Yahooo!!!!  No not the Internet search engine, but our engine!  Yes, we finally have wheels and thus independence.  On Friday, Joel was able to go and buy one of our motorbikes.  It’s called a Supra Fit by Honda and it has given us great joy!  Ok, well I shouldn’t take it too far with the whole joy thing, but we’re pretty excited!  We took it to school today and only had 2 close calls J!  Yeah, well, we will have to keep practicing in our little neighborhood before venturing out to the big bad world, but at least we can go when we want now!  Now even more reason to be praying for us.  Not only have we never driven motorbikes before, but we have never driven on the left side of the road before!  Lots of opportunities for God to show His ability to protect His children. 

4 comments:

jmp said...

Hey- that's quite an exciting move. Joel, that reminds me of a Yo La Tengo song (Little Honda maybe?). At least on a motorbike, it doesn't have left-right sides to get used to, you know? I want to see a picture... Miss you... Also, we need to talk soon.

jmp said...

Oh, nvm about the picture (I was hasty in leaving my comment...)

Anonymous said...

That's maybe more info than I should get (about 2 close calls)! Really I'm excited for you.It's part of becoming more Indonesian. Love the pic of Jack on the bike.
Love, Nani

Bek. said...

The thought of you B on the bike reminds me of Beth Jurisch/Donaldson when she would go whipping around the streets of Guyana on her bike. It's a nice looking bike-have careful fun!
I love you and you really should talk to Jon soon :)