Thursday, January 25, 2007

All packed up!

It is with a great big smile on my face that I write this!!  We are all packed and ready for the shipping company to arrive in the morning!  Not exactly what I would have chosen by way of celebrating my birthday but well, such is our life!  We have many friends coming tomorrow to help us load the items into the truck and many items are very very heavy, so please pray for safety for all involved.  After the truck leaves we will have 2 ½ days till we depart from our home here and head to the airport an hour and a half away.  With each passing day, I think more and more about what awaits us at home.  Your prayers for us at this time are so appreciated.  I’m not sure we can completely prepare for what awaits us there but we know that God already has gone before us and has already provided all the grace and strength we need for each day. 

 

As of a day ago, my mom was still without power at her house after the ice storm that hit 2 weeks ago.  Two of our pastoral families at church have graciously taken her in until her power is restored but I know she is more than ready to be in her own home and I’m sure they are ready to have theirs back to normal.  We are hopeful it will be restored soon as we are to move in there when we get to Springfield!

 

We’ll keep you posted as we can over the next few days so keep an eye here for more updates! 

 

In His Care!

 

Joel, Bethany, Jack and soon Owen!

1 comment:

Bek. said...

Happy Birthday Bethany! I'm praying for you today and throughout the week. I can't wait to talk to you when you get to Missouri! Kisses to your boys!