Wednesday, June 18, 2008

back-blogging - LAUNDRY!

Ok, so it’s proving to be difficult to keep everyone up to date with our lives having the internet isolated in our bedroom upstairs in our house.  I don’t spend much time up here so I don’t see the computer much through the day.  So I’m going to do what I call “back-blogging” today.  Let’s go back a few weeks, shall we?

 

Joel went to California for something like 6 days to handle the transferring of our stuff, which came by boat from Indonesia.  That trip went well for him as he got most of what he had to do done in a couple of days and then just enjoyed the sights of LA.  He actually had the audacity to call me from Malibu to tell me he was having lunch at a little beach café there, overlooking the water.  You can guess my response, while I was home with the two boys alone… “just be quiet!  You are not nice!” Or something like that!  I am glad though, that he got the time away and that it wasn’t all work and no play.  For that makes Joel a dull boy, as the saying goes!

 

He made it home safely and we three survived the week without daddy – Praise the Lord!  We have, since then, continued with some things around the house to get everything settled that we brought with us from Missouri, before the next load arrived and so when, last Friday, we got the call to go get it at the warehouse, we were ready to begin the process again. Or so I thought!  Little did I remember that we had shipped home box after box of clothes, bedding, and towels.  Ok so think with me on this.  How many loads of laundry do you suppose it took to wash say, 6 rubbermaids of “stuff”?  Thirty-six!  Yes that’s 3 – 6, 36 loads!  Thankfully I didn’t have to resort to only using our washer and dryer but was able to take everything over to the school laundry room and do 18 loads at a time.  The washing wasn’t so bad and the drying was actually easier, as they have industrial sized dryers that dry like 4 loads at once in about 30 minutes!  It was the folding that just about killed me!  I left the house at 12:30 and came home around 5.  Whew!  I was tired and hot but it was all done. 

 

Meanwhile, Joel was home doing load after load of dishes, by hand, mind you, to wash all the pots and pans, tupperware, etc. that was shipped home.  After a month on a ship, no telling what nastiness was on it all.  It took us about 4 days to get everything put away, but now I am happy to say, we are settled in with no boxes to unpack!  I am happy to be “home” and to finally get our lives in order again!

3 comments:

Bek. said...

B, you are my laundry hero!!!!! Wow! Even with a laundry room and industrial driers, that is some feat-I congratulate you!
Can't wait to see you in less then 2 weeks!

jmp said...

18 loads at a time... that is incredible! You guys are quite amazing, being completely unpacked and all. I've lived in Winona Lake for 4 years, and I am still not unpacked ;) But that, I guess, is just the difference between the Potters II and the Potters III :) We don't have too far to go though... Anyways, can't wait to come back up and see things again. Love...

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the unpacking is done for you now! What a job!! I take it you don't live in the main building?

~ dana c