Sunday, June 29, 2008

my office


for those of you who know me (joel) well, you'll understand that I've wanted my own office for qute some time now. i think the idea of an office as a creative and personal space is something that has appealed to me for so long now. now, for some, the office is something to be escaped at the end of the day and week, but for me, while I love and need to go home at the end of the day, having an intentional space that is my own, is sublime.


so, now that we're here at New Tribes Bible Institute, I finally have my own office and I must say, it's quite spacious.


after several days of painting and prepping and moving in some furniture that I was able to borrow (after a while, I'd actually like to build my own furniture), began the task of making the space mine. I'd been collecting books and magazines, appropriate textbooks and journals, all kinds of things that I thought would be perfect for my office. and after a few different arrangements I got it just right.


now, there are a few of my teammates here at the school who don't know this side of me, the ametuer interior designer, the architecture buff, the creative type and several of them after giving good feedback made the assumption that Bethany must have helped, at least in arranging the pictures on the wall. I sheepishly said, 'no, actually I did it all...', not sure what they'll think.


but in the end, I love my office and am thankful for this unique to me blessing from God.


can you ever imagine anyone else saying that about their office...

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Those of us who know you a little better know that this is a JOEL office right away! :)
Glad you are able to have a "space" of you own. :)

Bek. said...

I love your office and can't wait to see it in person! Nicely done Joel! Do you have a coffee pot or press in there anywhere? That's one way to get students to stop by and stay awhile-a coffee nook.

Snwwhite said...

Love the office - it looks great - and much to the potter standards :) Enjoy making it constantly your own and serving our God in it!