Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September at NTBI

It’s autumn here and the trees are beginning to turn beautiful shades of orange, red and yellow. We are really enjoying the cooler temps and beautiful scenery here in Michigan. Jack is on the hunt for acorns and I am busy following him around making sure there aren’t any within Owen’s reach. 

The students here have been in classes for 4 weeks. They are processing all they are learning from God’s Word.  It’s so exciting to hear a freshman say, “I went to church my whole life and yet I feel like I never really put it all together till now”.  The juniors are in Romans class and are learning that living apart from the life of Christ in them is futile!  In the next few days they will be given the plus side of the coin… Romans 7:24- 25 – “Wretched man that I am!  Who will set me free from the body of this death?  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!”  The seniors are facing the future with many decisions to make.  “Where will I go from here?  Because of all God has done for me, I owe Him my life.  Lord, what would you have me to do?”  We are so privileged to be here now at this time with these students.  Our prayer is that as they grow, we grow, as we learn, they learn.  We pray that we can make an impact not only for their lives today but for eternity.

 

 

No comments: