Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day #7

It's hard to believe this is really our 7th valentines day together. The first was very memorable as we had been engaged for a little over a month, were flat broke but totally and completely in love! I made Joel mint truffles and a homemade card and he made me a bouquet of sharpened pencils (You've Got Mail fans know exactly what that is!). It was perfect. Many things in life have changed in 7 Valentine's Days but one has stayed the same and has even deepend and that's our love for each other. We've had a few less than ideal Valentine's Days. Last year for instance, we were enroute back to the US, AGAIN and pretty much feeling a bit less than hopeful. We skipped Valentines Day that year but I'm happy to say, we've made up for it this year.

We switch off each year as to who does the planning and the gift giving. Whoever has V Day, the other has our anniversary and then it switches the next year. This year Joel did V Day. We just had a yummy dinner (a spring salad, pesto and chicken fettuncini, bread and dessert has yet to be served), and then Joel presented me with my gift.
And yes, he made it himself! Drool ladies, drool, he's all mine!! Husbands, you could learn something from this man, he's more romantic than I am. I am thankful for the almost 6 years of marriage we've had together and I'm hopeful the next six will be even better!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, dear girl, you do have one of the very best and I am blessed that he calls me mom. I love you both and the little guys more than ever.

Bek. said...

Way to go Joel! I'm glad it was a great day for you both! I love you!

Jeremy Smith said...

Joel, nice work you, Romeo, you! I'm very impressed with your poetry, that brought a tear to my eye.

hillenblogshappywife said...

I sang that song at Jon and Becky's reception, and it is one of my favorites. Nice job Joel!