Friday, June 08, 2007

And God Said...

It is with a heart full of joy and overwhelmed by God and His grace that I write this.  I can't get the smile off my face!  I walked in the door just a few minutes ago and was opening the mail when I ran across an envelope from DFS.  AAAkkk, this could be good news or bad news… I braced myself.  I read the statement on the front page and it said Mom and Dad qualified for Medicaid as of February 1.  This is a miracle.  We got a call a week ago saying that it looked like they would not qualify that far back and because several months have passed since we applied, we would likely only qualify for May and beyond.  This was a huge let down as it meant Mom would have to come up with the money out of pocket to pay the nursing home for Feb – April.  That's a lot of money to pull out of thin air, but we Prayed… you prayed… AND GOD SAID – YES! 

 

Thank you so much for your prayers for us.  We are so in shock right now.  No matter what the outcome, we knew God had a plan but this just blew our socks off! 

 

On another good news note, we also received Owen's passport in the mail today, several weeks earlier than expected so now we gather all the necessary documents and begin the application process for our Visas to enter Indonesia again.  Keep praying!  And don't ever believe God can't still do miracles!  HE CAN!

 

In His Grip!

 

Bethany for us all

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just say,PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!
Until you have dealt with all of that qualifing for Medicaid, you just can't understand it. It is very stressful, and I DO understand. I was sorry to hear your Mom is having surgery. Sure hope it is nothing too serious. In my opinion, she has had about enough to deal with, but I, too, know that God is always in control and He alone knows what we can do. Please pray for our children and grandchildren as they leave us on Tues. for Italy. I am asking the Lord to make the parting easy for my "babies".
Hillengrandma

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Great news!

Dina