Monday, June 18, 2007

Dads

Yesterday was Father's Day and what a lovely day it was.  The boys gave Daddy his Father's Day gift and each gave him a card.  The gift I "helped" them pick out was kind of in honor of my Dad.  For as long as I can remember, my dad has shaved using shaving soap and a brush rather than shaving cream.  He had this fun little nubby brush that he would lather up with a special soap and he always got new soap in his stocking for Christmas.  Well, as I was shopping for Joel's gift the other day, I stumbled upon the same kind of shaving set that my Dad used.  Joel is very into Gentlemanly type things like handkerchiefs, dresser valets, cuff links and such and so when I saw this set, I knew it was just the thing.  He is very excited to use it, so thanks Dad for the inspiration!

 

Yesterday afternoon, we met my brother and his 2 boys at Phelps Grove park for a dinnertime picnic with Dad.  It was such a nice afternoon, warm but not too hot and a nice breeze was blowing.  Dad was in good spirits and enjoyed getting out to play with his boys. He even threw the frisbee with me – he still can throw it better than me! In all, there were 7 men and me, the only girl in the bunch (mom was still home recovering from her surgery).  We took a great picture of all the boys together with Dad, what a group they are! 

 

Thanks to all you Dad's out there who do so much to provide for and love and guide your families.  Thanks Dad for your love for me and thanks Joel for all you do to lead our family!  I love you both!

 

Bethany

No comments: