Monday, June 18, 2007

Challenges

Today some friends are returning home from their field of ministry due to some health problems.  My heart is heavy for them as I know they are battling discouragement right now.  But I was also encouraged from the Word this morning that as we wait on God and trust in Him and His ability to strengthen us, we will find we have strength when we thought we had none.  We have direction when the road ahead seemed dark.  We can have hope because He is our rock.  I am challenged again that I need to be redirecting my own thinking at times.  I should be thinking on things that are true and not just how I feel. I need to think about honorable things, righteous things, pure things, things that are lovely, of a good reputation, things that are excellent, and praiseworthy.  This is how I can see my feelings change and follow truth.  How often do we just look at our circumstances and then let them be our guide to how we feel.  It's so easy to do.  J & B, we are praying fervently for you.  Set your minds on things above – God's grace and peace be with you.

 

 

No comments: