Saturday, August 02, 2008

summer days and nights

wow, what a week!

It was a week where we saw God's provision of our 'daily bread' like we've never before seen it!

Praise our God!

It was a week with alot of ups and downs...

But, our God gave the strength for it!

And after it all, we were able to get to Dairy Queen last night to maybe celebrate a bit or just enhance the warm summer evening. Much fun!

These next two weeks will be very busy as the students will be returning during that time. I (Joel) still have much to do to prepare for their return. The musical worship team that I'll be working with hasn't had alot of interaction with leadership up to this point and I'm ambitious to really get to know them. But at the same I must be careful to not overdo it. It's our first semester here as a family on staff and I know my tendency to have way too high of expectations. Please be praying for me to be aware of that tendency and to make conscious choices to not take on more than I should.

Thanks for your prayers for us last week. They were evident. And it goes without saying, we still need them this week.

Please do keep praying for the Lord to increase our financial support base. I know that many missionaries around the world are facing similar support decreases and some even have to return from their vital ministries overseas just to raise more support. Please be asking the Lord to faithfully provide for His work here on this earth of ours. Many of us are looking to Him to do that.

And if you have time today, maybe check out our school's website New Tribes Bible Institute.


1 comment:

Bek. said...

Praise God for His provisions! DQ sounded fun too! :):)