Monday, January 09, 2006

Hwoah...

That's what I said on my drive home from work this afternoon. Last night before we got into bed, I remembered how tired work usually makes me. Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem with hard work. I'm sure the work and schedule we'll keep as we serve in Indonesia will be way more intense than what I do now, but working with Jonny is just plain hard work. And after a three and a half week break, my body had gotten used to not being punished all day, so this Monday was a doozy.

What do I do, you might actually ask? I help Jeppsen Construction, which is a friend of mines business. We lay tile and hardwood floors in the Springfield Metropolitan area and we're always 2 weeks behind. That's how busy we are. I assist our crew of 4 as well as Jonny in whatever tasks come about. Mostly I make the crew laugh by inventing new ways of making mistakes, like the time I shot a board through a beautifully finished wall...

I'll try to post a few pictures soon.

We've had a good couple days with Jack. He's playing marvelously on his own again, but he's really perplexing us with his sleeping habits. Maybe we're just perplexed because we're not getting enough sleep. He's waking often during the night (Saturday night was the exception) or waking up very early during his day time naps. He's also exerting his loud boisterous side during meals, which is more than what we'd like. Please be praying for patience and wisdom and ideas for us, we really need that and some good sleep.

Ok, take care for now.

Joel

No comments: