Thursday, January 12, 2006

New everyday

Not only is God's grace and enabling new everyday, but what the Potters do everyday is new...

First off, the last post about snow somehow was posted late. We were under that advisory Monday night and in reality we didn't get any measurable snow, but Tuesday evening as I drove home from work, it was a pretty sight! But then the temps got up to 55 degrees the next day. Actually, we would love to have one good snow storm before we leave for Indo, so would mind praying for one decent snow fall?

Well, today and yesterday, in a striking contrast to working with Jeppsen Construction, I've been helping out a good friend of mine who is one the pastors at our church, High Street Baptist. He wears many hats, and somehow wears them well. I've worked with him before and really enjoy being a help to him. Somehow I don't feel like I'm quite as prone to make costly mistakes when I'm in an office working on a computer, as opposed to working in an almost finished house, where a little mistake could mean a whole in a wall, or ripping up a newly laid hardwood floor...


I've primarily been helping with IT tasks in the church office. Just in general, troubleshooting and keeping our computers up to date. I like it because I can dress the way I like and it keeps me up to date with what's going on in our church. It also keeps me sharp when it comes to technology.
Well this is it for now, so thanks again for reading.

Joel

No comments: