Thursday, March 02, 2006

We have a house!

Sorry it’s been so long since we updated this.  Sickness, surgery, sickness, packing, sickness, packing.  Well that’s what life has been like lately for us.  Thanks Bekah for the prodding to update it though.  Good kick in the pants!  And forgive me if I copy some of this for our email update…

 

Jack is over at Jolene’s this afternoon while we get things done here.  Our storage unit is filling up while our house is emptying out and that’s a great thing to see.  We hope to be moving over to my parents next week and then finishing up here the following week. 

 

We got news that they have rented a house for us in Salatiga – where IMLAC is (our language school).  That was such good news to hear as it means they are counting on our visas to come through and that we’re really going!  We also heard that our recommendations are coming in there in Indo and they are waiting on several more to move forward.  They did get a verbal “go ahead” though and so we are encouraged.  Mid April, here we come!

 

Jack’s birthday party has been postponed to this coming Sunday afternoon and will be smaller than the original one.  He won’t notice though as he probably won’t even get that it’s a party for him!  To my mom’s dismay, he won’t have a chocolate cake but a yellow cupcake to devour.  And the icing will be blue, green or yellow, of course so no chocolate covered face.  We’re being different, no apologies!  We’ll take pictures and post them when Joel gets our blog set up for photos.  Not a priority right now, so sorry. 

 

We have also gotten some great emails from folks there in Salatiga about what is available and what would be good to bring.  I have been greatly encouraged with the info.  And my lists are growing daily.  Now if I can only find all the lists I’ve made here and there.  If I get through this move with my sanity still in tact it will be a miracle only God could accomplish!   One of the emails we got the other day had this tag at the end.  I loved it!!!  “The saint is hilarious when he is crushed with difficulties because the thing is so ludicrously impossible to anyone but God!”  - Oswald Chambers, MUfHH, Aug. 2

 

I will be having gallbladder surgery on the 9th of March, removing the silly thing.  We’re hopeful this will eliminate the stomach aches and cramping I’ve had for so long.  My regular doctor believes it will make a world of difference for me and so we’re going forward with it even though the surgeon says it’s a 50/50 chance it will make things better.  It’s outpatient surgery and they say it takes about a week to recover, give or take.  Mom will have Jack at her house that day and the next and over night in between, if we’re still in our apartment.  If we’ve moved over there, we’ll all be there but she’s taken off work either way to keep him so I can rest.  I haven’t handled anesthesia well in the past so please pray it’s better this time. 

 

Well this is a long blog but way overdue.  We are doing well and encouraged that God is truly worth it all – no matter how hard things seem for us.  He sacrificed His all and we owe Him our lives.  We love you all and miss you too!

 

Bethany

 

 

1 comment:

Bek. said...

Thank you so much for such a nice long newsy blog. I really like blogs now that I've got my computer set-up.
So thanks B! I love you!
~the other B.