Friday, October 13, 2006

Just an average day!

Today is Saturday here.  Joel and I were finally able to “check out” on driving the mission van here this morning.  Because they drive on the opposite side of the road and on the opposite side of the vehicle, our mission leadership wants us to drive with a more experienced driver the first time so they can see how we do. Because we have motorbikes that we have been driving for several months, we have gotten used to the traffic patterns and feel really comfortable now.  We both “passed” and can now get around town with the van if we need it for bigger shopping trips or to take friends who can’t yet drive yet to dinner or swimming at the hotel.  We couldn’t drive our own bikes until we’d been in country for 3 months and now we’ve been here 6 months and we feel like this will give us a bit more freedom. 

 

I can hardly believe it’s been 6 months already!  Time is flying by so fast.  We just passed our evaluations for Unit 4 of langauge study and I was so encouraged by my evaluation.  I have struggled getting the vocabulary to stick, and in each previous evaluation they have noted this as a weak point for me.  So I got a tutor to come 2 times a week and it has helped so much that yesterday at the evaluation, they said I had no trouble with the vocabulary!  Yippee!!  That was such a wonderful thing to hear!  I praise God for that and for giving me the tutor I have. 

 

Today will just be a normal Saturday.  I might go in to town to get some maternity kapris as I have only 2 pair and that’s what I wear every day here.  Other than that, we’re laying low today and just being a family!  Enjoy this weekend with your families or whatever you are doing!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The driving test must have made you feel like you were 16 again. At least it wasn't snowing when you took your test. I guess there's no need for signals,just a good horn.

Love you 4,
Mom in Mo