Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday - the end of a very long week

Tomorrow is Saturday and hopefully we'll get to relax a bit.  The power has been off about 1/3 of each day, tonight so far we are going on 4 hours.  It did rain tonight so we've gotten a bit of a reprieve from the heat. It's still probably in the 90's but that's nice to us!  I'm praying the power comes back on before we head to bed. We can sleep over at the guest house tonight if we need to as there are a few open rooms right now and there is a generator there, but I'd rather sleep at my own house.  The boys are down in an airconditined room – they're probably wondering how it could get so cold. They may be in shock!   I'm tempted to join them for awhile while the generator is on but instead I'm writing this blog. 

Tomorrow morning we are going shopping without the boys. Our partners, the Duncan's have two girls that love to babysit so we've asked them to come in the morning so we can get groceries and supplies for the house.  I also want to make yogurt but I have to start from scratch with a powder starter. Never done that before so we'll see if it works out! I'll let you know!

I did make bread today but the morning went nuts on me and it rose 3 times before I got to make it into loaves.  They are huge!!  Hopefully they look as good as they taste or visa versa. I'm tired, can you tell! 

Something you could pray for me about is with my house helper.  She is incredibly shy and for those of you who know me, I'm not!  It's hard to have her walking around the house like she's afraid of us. I really want a relationship with her and have told her that very thing.  I know my actions will speak louder than my words.  Please pray for me as I try to build a relationship.  She is from the prominent religion here in Indo so it's an opportunity for me to share Christ with her but first I have to get her to converse with me.  J

Joel installed two new outlets in the house today. I am so proud of him for taking that on after our bogus quote from an electrician.  He'd rather be chef-ing up some amazing food for everyone but instead he was sweating so much his clothes had to be wrung out and soaked to get them clean.

Well that's all for today.  Oh and by the way, we hook up to the internet over at the guest house where they have an active phone line, for those wondering how we did this without a phone.

You all have a great day while we have a great sleep!

Bethany

 

 

2 comments:

Bek. said...

Hope you all slept well last night! Go Joel the electrician and Bethany the baker! That would be a fun children's book-The Adventures of Joel the Electrician and Bethany the Baker (and their two munchkins).
I love you!

Snwwhite said...

Sounds like you have been busy - I will pray that you can get to know your house helper Bethany!! We love you!!