Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunday

Today was a good productive day for us.  Our kitchen is now useable except that we don't have our fridge just yet.  That will come on Wednesday.  Also, we need to get LPG gas for our stove and drinking water.  So that means we have two rooms liveable and well, let's not count how many more are yet to be finished, ok!?  We had a chance too today to have some fellowship with the various NTM families that are here in town.  Right now, that's quite a few!  There are several families living in town enrout to working in new tribal groups and two are here b/c of visa paperwork, another two are heading out to the states for various reasons, one guy is here to travel with a few others into some tribal areas to do surveys, and us and another family are getting settled in town to become a part of our town support team. Oh and I can't forget the other family who is here and has been here for 5 years, plugging away alone keeping everything going.  Soooo, it was a full house for us and a very encouraging time, hearing what God is doing here in Papua in various people's lives.  It also gave us a taste of what it will be like when we finally get into our ministry at the guesthouse.  We are so excited to finally be here!

 

A scary thing happened in the middle of the meeting today.  The boys were down for their naps while we were having the meeting and I went in to check on Owen and found him on the floor with a pillow next to him.  My heart stopped beating I'm sure and I was terrified.  I picked him up immediately and he stopped crying.  I was so scared.  I ran to the door and asked one of the guys outside to get Joel. He came running in and said," why is Jack's room open?  Where is he and wait, what happened here?"  I was in tears and could only say, "Owen was on the floor".  Joel found Jack in the kitchen and all we could figure was that somehow Jack got out of his room and into Owen's, where Owen was sleeping on a queen sized bed surrounded by pillows.  (Owen wasn't in his pack-n-play cause it's just so hot here and he wasn't able to fall asleep in it, so I moved him onto the bed where the air from the fan could get to him.)  So we think Jack tried to pick him up and must have dropped him. He has a bruise on his forhead but after checking him out and watching him carefully the rest of the day, he seems to be fine, even smiled a little while later.  As a mom, that's the kind of the thing that you hope never will happen while you are not looking.  I know things like that happen all the time but it sure doesn't make it easier to experience.  Poor Jack must have run out of the room scared to death.  We won't tell him what happened till he's much older so as not to scar him for life.

 

So as you can see, your prayers for us are truly important.  My theory is that God reached down and put his hand under Owen to break his fall!  I can't explain it any other way that he wasn't hurt.  Keep praying will you?!

 

Bethany 

1 comment:

Bek. said...

Ok, so now that my heart has started beating again...
Praise God for protecting Owen and Jack. I send kisses for them and hugs for you and Joel. I love you!