Thursday, January 10, 2008

another prayer request

I know it is beginning to seem like all we do in this blog is write about the health of our boys but right now that is what is in the fore front of our minds.  Today Owen has been running a fairly high fever, it got up to 104.2 an hour ago.  Thankfully there is an American doctor who lives here in town and so I was able to take him there to make sure he's ok.  The doctor said it is a virus and to just keep him on tylenol but the tylenol is only taking it down about a degree for an hour or so and then it goes back up.  So again, from this mother's heart, I ask you all to pray for our little guy.  Add to that a fungal infection in his diapered area and the poor guy is miserable!

 

It looks like Jack and I will be going to Singapore on Monday if all goes as planned and then he'll see some doctors beginning on Tuesday.  I am hopeful that Owen will be through whatever this virus is by then so I can go with peace of mind that he and Joel will be ok here by themselves.  Thank you once again for your prayers. 

 

I have been spending my mornings reading about what James has to say about going through trials in James chapter 1.  Endurance, perseverance and faith are the words I've that have been standing out to me.  HE is faithful and we will endure in faith.

 

Bethany

2 comments:

Bek. said...

Poor little guy! I'm praying for you guys. I woke up wide awake this morning at 5 am and was praying for you, even though I didn't know anything was wrong. You guys are in my heart and my prayers!
I love you!

Anonymous said...

I am praying, too.Hope he is better soon.
Hillengrandma