Thursday, January 24, 2008

No results yet

It's Friday morning, January 25, my 33rd birthday and I am so happy to be home with Joel and Owen again.  It was a long 9 days but amazingly restful too! 

 

Jack had his endoscopy and biopsy on Wednesday morning and all went well with the procedure.  He was a champ!  The doctor said that it didn't look like any damage has been done to the lining of his intestines yet so that is good news.  The results of the tests, both blood tests and the biopsy won't be back till next week so now we wait, once again.  In the meantime, Jack is on a no cows milk, no gluten diet.  Already the diarreah is less than it was a few days ago. 

 

Our minds are desperate to jump ahead and figure out the outcome of all this. What if he has celiacs, what if he doesn't?  Where does that leave us?  So many questions and no answers yet.  The only thing we know to do is rest in the sovereignty of God.  That is so hard as a human being.  Every hour I change my mind about it all, questioning myself, my resolve to rest.  Joel is the same, we've had to just let go and that's not easy.

 

Jack and Joel both have colds right now and aren't feeling at their best so please pray that they can get the rest they need and recover quickly. 

 

Again, and again, and again, we are so thankful for your prayers and encouragment in all this. 

 

Bethany

2 comments:

Bek. said...

Happy Birthday to you Bethany!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bethany....I went on a Gluten Free diet for 3 months hoping it would help with my endometriosis. During that time I found this blog....http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/
She has GREAT links and good ideas. I thought you might find it helpful. I don't know what you have access to over there but e-mail me at sarahthompson@jenkinsdiesel.com if you want any more info on what I ate. Praying for all of you!
Sarah (Thompson) Kelley