Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Entering into His Rest

My mom reminded me today that we haven't posted in a few days so here's an update from us...

Jack and I, Bethany are still in Singapore, staying with some other NTM Reps here. We feel a bit like we're on vacation or something as we're just waiting around for the endoscopy that is scheduled for Wednesday this week. The place we are staying at has a really really nice pool and playground so we're roughing it by hanging out at the pool everyday. Rough, I know! Since we have put Jack back on a regular food diet, his diarreah has returned with a vengence. I'm more and more sure it's something to do with food and the more I read on celiac's disease, the more I think we're on to something there. Today we went to IKEA and had fun window shopping. I love that place. For those of you who know it, don't be too green with envy. I didn't get much that was too exciting. A stuffed animal for Owen, a plastic bag holder thingy, and a surprise for Joel! He'd have drooled his way through the store if he were here. Made me miss him so much more.

We are both, Jack and I, saying several times a day, "I miss Daddy and Owen". It's been a week now and with 4 more days away, it's feeling too long.

Joel and Owen are doing well at home. Joel says Owen goes into Jack's room each day and just sits there looking around like he knows something is missing. Did I mention yet that he's pulling to standing on anythign he can? Watch out world, this little guy is on the move - at 8 months!!! Joel is keeping up best he can with language study while we are gone, having friends over for coffee and being fed well at other friends' homes.

God is really taking good care of us through this whole process. I had a great talk with the lady I am staying with the other night. And I've come to the conclusion that even though I don't know what tomorrow holds for us and everything doesn't fit in to nice little compartments, I can rest in the Lord and his grace and take each day as it comes. I am done looking ahead and trying to plan. I get no where doing that. I am entering in to His rest and enjoying the comfort he gives there. His yoke is easy and His burden is much lighter than mine! It's a good trade, I think. Thanks for praying still.

Bethany

2 comments:

Bek. said...

Good to hear from you! I'm so glad it can be restful for you and Jack. I hope you will be home for your birthday this week!
I love you!
~Bek.

Anonymous said...

It was good to hear from you and how things are - we continue to pray - keep resting in Him!! Love you!!