Thursday, April 20, 2006

oops!

If not just 30 seconds later, we would have had the loudest wake up call ever. 

 

We were beginning to feel the effects of all the travels this afternoon after lunch, so we decided to lay down “for just a little while”.  Usually, we can lay Jack down in the afternoon and do the same for ourselves, counting on him waking us up after an hour or two.  So there we went, around 2:30pm our heads excitedly hit the pillow with our “natural alarm clock” set - Jack.  Our hosts had warned us not to sleep too long, that it would hurt us more than help.  “Just a little nap” is best.  We agreed, knowing that if we slept too long, we’d be up very early in the am again.  We didn’t want that so, we went to sleep just to rest for a bit. 

You guess what happened.  Our natural alarm clock didn’t go off as expected.  Jack just kept on sleeping.  He finally did stir around 6:30pm.  I woke, hearing him stir a bit and was frantic as I realized that we had severely overslept.  I then reached over and shook Joel, “honey, it’s 6:30!!!!  We’ve slept way too long!!!!”  The next thing I heard was, cabooooommmmmm!!!!!!  And this clap of thunder began our first of what we’re told will be many thunderstorms!  I have to say, I’m glad I awoke before the thunder clap but even so, it was a rude awakening. 

Bill and Rosie were sitting in the living room as I walked in frantically apologizing for sleeping so long.  They said they weren’t sure whether to knock on the door and wake us or to just let us go.  I guess it could have been worse. We could have woken up in the middle of the night and then been up for the day.  So now, we have to try to keep ourselves up this evening so that we can sleep to a normal time in the morning. 

 

Oh, to be resettled completely and to have our body clocks reset for good.  I guess you can say we’ve made our first of many blunders.  Fortunately, we’re the only ones who’ll pay for this one!

1 comment:

Bek. said...

I hope you sleep well tonight!
Love and hugs!