Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Prayer Request

Dear Friends,

 

Just as we sent out the last update today, we were receiving one with some bad news from home.  My mom wrote to tell us that my (Bethany’s) Dad had an accident at home with his woodworking saws.  He has early onset dementia and wasn’t supposed to work on them with no one home (Mom had left for a drama at our home church and Dad knew she’d be gone for a few hours but he forgot) but he went to the basement to cut something and dropped the saw and cut his hand really bad. He ended up in the ER and then had to have surgery to repair 2 tendons and an artery above his thumb.  Thankfully, my Mom works for a hand surgeon and he was there lickidy split and did the surgery. Dad now has a lot of recovery time ahead of him and that will be hard for him.  He will have to be done working at his job now because of this accident and will have to pursue disability too so Mom has a lot to figure out and more quickly than she hoped.  We (Joel and I) didn’t find out till a day or two after it happened, as we didn’t have email access until Tuesday. It was really hard for me to hear when I found out but I talked with mom on the phone the same day we found out and that helped. 

 

Please pray

that Dad heals quickly and that this doesn’t add to his mental frustration

that Mom has patience with him

that she can find someone who will stay with him during the day while she’s at work

and that God will continue to supply us with the grace to trust Him while so far away

 

My brother is moving in with my parents this coming weekend so that will be good for my Mom and Dad both to have someone else there to help.  I have thought of this off and on these past few days and as I have, God has given me peace to keep going forward, trusting Him to take care of my family.  I so appreciate your prayers for us as I know God is answering them by giving us strength.  I realize more than ever how I need Him and His enabling to live this life. 

 

We also have had a bit of a slow down in the process with immigration here and it looks like we won’t be heading to Salatiga today but instead will probably go Saturday.  Pray for patience as we wait.  It’s hard knowing we have a house waiting for us and have limited time to settle in before language school starts and yet we are here waiting with little to do but wait!  Does that make sense?  Ok, well God does so just lift us up to Him and I know He’ll give us peace!

 

We miss you all and are so thankful for your prayers for us!

 

Joel and Bethany

 

 

 

No comments: