Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Progress and Rewards!

As I write this I’m experiencing a small dream of mine. I used enough Bahasa Indonesia to get myself to a moderately sized 4 story mall here in Manado so that I could go to a renowned local coffee shop called ‘Excelso’. It’s a quality little establishment. The real accomplishment today is actually using the language. I was rewarded by an excellent selection of brew to order coffees. Brazilian Santos, Jamaican Blue Mountain, Columbian, Sumatra Mandheling, and some other good single selections. Every cup is freshly brewed, so that probably means run through an espresso maker. It’s an awesome experience and one I would of missed had I chosen not to step out a bit.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, Good, Good for you. Is the word cafe, java, or ??? I will probably put away the coffee maker unless Jeremy is drinking it these days. I do miss the smell of it in the am.

Have a great day.
Love Mom in MO

Snwwhite said...

Good job on using the language - keep stepping out and you will be rewarded! :)

Tom Demers said...

Were you drinking and surfing/typing? I must say, I never knew there were so many varieties of coffee until I met you!